- Resources in our area (in no particular order)
- OM21 is not responsible for these services, nor can we verify any promises or description given.
Community Living Base Sites
- Community Living Mississauga operates a number of Community Base Sites throughout Mississauga. The goal of each Base Site is to provide individuals who have an intellectual disability with opportunities to participate in meaningful social, recreational and leisure activities throughout the day. Individuals will choose activities and be supported to fully participate within the community of Mississauga.
- Web Site: Community Living Base Site.
Business Education College (BEC)
- BEC's placement services are funded by the Ontario Government and we
are able to offer wage subsidies to employers to offset some of their
employment costs. We are not an Employment Agency but a ODSP Placement
Mississauga Campus: 905-270-2730
Applewood Centre for Adult Learning
- ACAL (APPLEWOOD CENTRE FOR ADULT LEARNING’s serves adults with a wide range of intellectual and physical disabilities. A structured day program of activities is planned around social stimulation, fitness and life skills, fostering independence, personal growth and social development. www.applewoodcentre.com
- Phone: 905 566-1777
Connect Learning Centre
The target clientele are adult’s (ages 18+) with a disability (physical and/or developmental), who want to lead an independent lifestyle, increase their well being, and better integrate them into the community.
- The Connect Learning Centre is located in the Dixie/Britannia area:
- 1585 Britannia Rd. E., Unit F1
Mississauga, on. L4W 2M4
- Contact Melanie Taddeo at: (905) 670-1252 or
via the web: www.connectlearningcentre.com
- KERRY'S PLACE
- Kerry’s Place offers community, residential, psychological and family support services to people with ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder).
- Kerry's place is Canada's largest service provider for children, youth and adults with ASD and serve more than 8,000 people with ASD and their families each year.
- Mimico S.N.A.P. (Special Needs Adult Program)
- Mimico S.N.A.P. (Special Needs Adult Program) is a fully supervised day program for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We are located in Mimico Toronto, right next to the Mimico GO station. We run year round, Monday to Friday, 8:45 am to 4:15 pm.
- Fees are depending on care needs. If a participant requires more care than what can be safely provided in our 1:4 ratio, the cost for extra support can be negotiated.
- 20 Windsor Street,
- Etobicoke, ON, Canada
- 905-580-7937 or email@example.com
- Mimico S.N.A.P
- OPTIONS MISSISSAUGA PRINT AND OFFICE SERVICES provides employment training to individuals who have an intellectual disability. The core program is designed to help train individuals to successfully integrate into the workforce. The training includes business etiquette (dealing with customers, punctuality, personal presentation etc.) and may involve tasks such as answering phones, using a cash register, photocopying and using computers. www.optionscanada.com
- ROSA’S CENTRE is a family run organization where everyone is treated as family. Rosa’s Centre provides a safe and loving environment for adults with disabilities while ensuring their health, happiness, security and the fulfillment of their highest potential. At our Day Program in Brampton we create individualized programs that help build upon each person’s skills & knowledge. www.rosascentre.com